Saturday, August 6, 2011

That Word You Never Thought You'd Hear...

Infertility. That's right...(I originally decided to go private to tell my story, but being quite the blog stalker myself, I decided I really didn't know who needed to hear my story to get through their own.) Being in a religion where families are the central focus of everything, it's a hard word to hear and a hard condition to accept. But, we have and we're dealing. A little history:

We've been trying for a few years now to start a family. We started infertility a couple years ago. We don't know what's happening. So we're categorized in the "unknown problem" group of infertility. Here's a little about our/my medication history for those curious infertiles out there, we've been through 5 rounds of Clomid (oh, the hot flashes!), then 3 cycles of Femara (no IUIs with either). Then, I got my current "big girl" job and we took a break from infertility treatments for a year (but to no avail in the baby department). We started back earlier this year and so far we've done two more rounds of Femara (2nd one with IUI), switched and did 2 rounds of Tamoxifen (both with IUI), and now we're about to start a round of injections (Menopur).

It's been a rough road. Good days, bad days, days that I can tackle the world, days that I want to crawl in a hole, days that I've had to call a friend on emergency to give me a shot on my lunch break (I like to call it a shot and run!), but overall I'm still determined. We've been so blessed in our life that we can't complain about much else. So, it helps to know that we've accepted this as a part of our life and know this is our journey that we need to go through. So, I've decided to use this forum as an infertility journal for now. I want a place I can vent about meds or fears or exciting results or whatever! Hopefully it will be a VERY short story and I won't have to write about it for long. But, if not...that's life...gotta make lemonade!

No comments: