Day 1: I held the needle and tried and tried, but I couldn't put it into my skin (I guess it means I'm not naturally masochistic!)...So, Sung poked me, but I watched (which I NEVER do)...And, I pushed the plunger (the painful part). So good job!
Day 2: We were at a friends house for dinner and I haven't really told anyone about us doing this, and I was nervous about making sure I gave the shot in time...SO, I still couldn't do it by myself! BUT, Sung held my hand and poked me (the poking part doesn't actually hurt that bad) while I held the needle and again I pushed the plunger (Youch!).
Day 3: I DID IT!!!!!! We were at a friends house again, and let them know what was going (since it was just Sung and I and the two of them). So, after much coaching and encouragement (and a timer from Sung--he tried to give me only 2 minutes...let's just say it took more like 9 min), I finally did it! And it wasn't too bad. And, I felt so liberated to know that I could do it myself!
Day 4: I'm a pro! Okay...not quite...but I can now give myself a shot! I tried it in my thigh this time instead of my abdomen. I felt like the skin was a little tighter so it scared me a little to poke it. But, it was fairly easy and the injecting the medication part didn't seem to hurt as bad. So, I might have found a new spot to shoot myself. ;)
I've been a little worried about the prospect of doing more shots. If we were to get into more intensive procedures (ie IVF), we might have to do intra-muscular shots at home, and that TOTALLY freaks me out! Instead of a little half inch needle, the IM needles are like and inch and a half!!! AHH! I can't do it! ...Yes I can...breathe...Yes I can...If I have to, I will...breathe...
Okay, so here's to big success this week! I'm still freaked out by needles/shots, but I can give myself a baby one!

No comments:
Post a Comment