Monday, June 11, 2012

"So...looks like the rumors are true..."

I've officially passed the "are you just getting fat" / "I might regret asking you if you're pregnant" phase.  Over the last week, people at work are just starting to ask the question/state the obvious.  It kind of makes me uncomfortable having everyone "know".  But, I guess it's an exciting time, so I have to go with it! ;) Price you pay for getting preggo.  

Funny thing... Sung and I were discussing people "finding out" about the twins.  Seems like we have a standard script that tends to happen for both of us:

Sung/Me: "Yes, we're expecting."
Person: "Do you know the gender yet?"
Sung/Me: "Yes, two boys."
Person (prying a little): "Oh?! Do twins run in your family??" (aka. did you conceive these naturally or through medical intervention?)
Sung/Me: ....(answer depends on the person)...

Sometimes if they're close or really sincere or I think they might need to know (aka they're going through infertility too), then I might say "Nope they don't run in our family. They were medically induced twins" ;)  If I feel like they just "want to know" or if there's a bunch of people around or whatever, I get a little irritated and tend to just say "Nope they don't" and leave it at that.

On the other hand, I have to start registering for stuff (I have a co-worker planning a baby shower and she's very emphatic that I need to start registering!). ;) So...mommies out there...what should and what SHOULDN'T I register for?  I've been reading up on some stuff, but give me the practical stuff! Is there anything you got/registered for that you haven't used. Or is there anything you can't live without now that you WISH you'd registered for?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Get a video monitor!!! Best money I ever spent. Even better when sleep training or training toddlers to stay in bed... The summer infant ones have some where you can use two cameras and one monitor. Bebe pods were used a tonnnnnn too. I used bouncy chairs for the kids while I showered and used a pack n play bassinet for a while too because they outgrow regular bassinets pretty quickly. Swaddle sacks were discovered with Livy and she is such a better sleeper than Addie. Don't waste money on diaper genies, just bag the diaper and toss it in the trash, those diaper pails stink!!!