I feel bad that I haven't been posting lately... Works been crazy, Life's been crazy, and I've pretty much had NO time at all! I feel like we CONSTANTLY have stuff to do, so much that we're not getting ready for babies (but we are actually doing a lot)!
My sister is getting married at the end of the month and we get to play "hotel" for some of her in-laws, so we figured cleaning up the extra bedrooms had two pro's...Getting them ready for guests AND getting them cleaned out for babies (no the boys won't be in separate rooms, but when you're doing one already...might as well do the other)! So far we have painted the nursery, cleaned out and donated many many boxes of stuff, moved other stuff to the attic (oh and sung actually had to add an attic ladder and plywood in the attic first so we could get stuff up there), and just this weekend Sung and Doug put the crown moulding in the babies' room. What do we have left to do? Paint the OTHER guest bedroom, add moulding, moved the futon from the nursery to the spare room, move the twin from the spare room to the nursery, find cribs!!, and decorate!
Not too bad, but to be honest, I'm feeling the time ticking... I've definitely been growing quite a bit faster lately and I'm definitely been feeling pregnant. I've had an unusually good pregnancy. Besides my little ligament incident a few weeks ago, I can't complain too much... But I guess my current "issue" is discomfort, particularly at night. During the day, I'm good. I can still wear my heels to work and take the stairs up to my office on the fourth floor. But come night time...I just can't get comfortable. I don't pee all night (maybe once in the night, but not every night even). But, I can't find a position that allows me to sleep real soundly. I'll sleep on one side, with pillows to support my back/belly and one between my knees (like I'm supposed to, right??), but after an hour or two...I just don't feel good. My hip has been getting sore while I sleep and then I just can't get comfortable. I switch sides and still...can't get comfortable. So, if anyone has some miraculous tips on how to sleep comfortably...LET ME KNOW!!
As for the boys (and sorry we'll still publicly call them "the boys", not dispelling names), they're doing WONDERFULLY! We had our 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday... Both are "measuring" about 13 oz each (hard to believe they're almost a POUND EACH!). Heartbeats were both strong at 143 and 145. Baby A (the one closer to the cervix, and most likely to "come first") was head down and Baby B was breech. Baby A has his feet up near my ribs and is my active one. I feel him kicking me multiple times a day (particularly a little while after I eat or if I'm at church or the temple). Baby B isn't quite as "violent as A. I feel him shift around and sometimes he'll punch or kick me (again, their favorite times is when I'm at the temple or at church it seems), but overall he's been much calmer than his brother.
We didn't get any REALLY good pictures of both of the boys. B was photogenic and we got another nice profile shot, but A was hiding his face and we couldn't get a good shot of it. :( But, we've been trying to keep up on the weekly belly shots, so here is the 20 week shot!
Yes, I do look like I doubled (and then some) since the last picture I posted!
Sung and I are getting VERY excited! Can't wait until we finally get to meet these little guys of ours!


3 comments:
Every time we see your picture, Sipsey get's very excited! Looking forward to see you and the little boys and that big boy :)
Your belly is so cute! The only thing that helped my hips during pregnancy at night was getting a new memory foam mattress. We bought a Sealy memory foam king mattress, boxspring, and mattress protector for $1000 with delivery at Mattress King and have been pleased! Immediately my hips felt better, no pain at all! Good luck!!
Beth, that's a good idea! We have a memory foam topper for our mattress, but I took it off about a year ago (I think I slept tooo well on it, and my back at the time needed something firmer). It may be time to put it back on!
Kami, can't wait for Sipsey to "mommy" her soon to be little "cousins"! ;)
Post a Comment