Monday, January 30, 2012

And, I'm feeling good...

Today was the day! (or one of them!) We had our egg retrieval this morning. We triggered on Saturday at 9:30pm sharp for a 9:30 am retrieval this morning. I was a little bit nervous...mainly for the IV part. (*TMI:Funny how them poking a hole through the sides of my vagina doesn't scare me, but a tiny IV needle going into my hand does!) The anesthesiologist was wonderful, and the IV didn't really hurt that much...so YAY! Then, anesthesiologist and my nurse (who I love dearly! She's awesome!) took me into another room (the "operating" room) and had me lie down on a bed with wonderful stirrups (yeah...not so comfortable). I met the embryologist (the person who collects the eggs and takes care of them through out fertilization), saw my doctor, asked a few questions, and then they let me have the drugs! I started feeling pretty good, and have no idea when I finally "zonked" out. Procedure only took a about a half an hour. I was back in the other room, and just wanted to sleep (that was the drugs talking). Stayed there for about half an hour and then walked out to the waiting room and Sung took me home. :)

I was pleasantly surprised that I did/do not feel as awful as I thought I would. I'm a little sore when I sit up straight or stand (and when I try to pee...dang bladder muscles pushing on the poor ovaries!), but otherwise I'm doing pretty good! Just taking it easy so as not to strain anything.

Oh and the news everyone's waiting for...we got 15 eggs! We don't know how many are mature yet...But, tomorrow we should find out how many were mature and how many were fertilized! Can't wait for the call!




No comments: