So, first of all, this will be my last post before going private! I have a few stories and posts I've written, but I'm waiting to post until I'm private. So, last chance to get on my list (Or you can just email me at emlynnkim@gmail.com)!
When Sung and I were poor, broke, deprived...I mean, humble college students, newly married, and having gone on not much of a honeymoon, Sung promised me (the wants to see the world girl) that on our 5 year anniversary I could choose to go anywhere. Now, I had dreams of London or Paris, Europe or Asia...I looked up plane tickets, I looked up how to REALLY travel to Europe, but along the way my wonderful, frugal, thrifty (miserly...don't worry I love him for it!) husband has rubbed off on me. So, when I saw how a plane ticket to Europe would cost AT LEAST $800 each PLUS having to get a hotel room AND paying for meals and activities, I chickened out a little about putting out that much at once and looked for other alternatives. So, we decided to go the cruise route! Makes us all happy! Sung gets to eat as much as he wants (and there's gym access)! I get to see a very little bit of another country and we both don't have to stress about booking hotels or choosing where to eat or stressing about almost anything! So, we found a few friends and decide to make it a group trip! Despite our cruise getting detoured to Mexico, instead of the Bahamas, as was planned (thanks, HURRICANE IRENE!), we had a blast! We would totally do it again! So here's a few pics from our wonderful vacation to Key West and Mexico!
Mexican government building in Merida (Capital City of the Yucatan Peninsula).
Little bakery we found in Merida...DELICIOUS!
Sinkhole in the same area as some Mayan ruins (Dzibilchaltun). Look at how CLEAR the water is!
The post card...I mean RESORT (with the snorkeling, rock climbing, etc...) in Cozumel!
So we got back from our cruise on Saturday and Thursday morning we left for Canada for Labor Day weekend! Sung's Halmoni (grandmother) turns 80 year old this year!! So, Sung's cousin in Montreal, Toby, wanted to try to get all the grandkids (and great grandkids) together and surprise her for her birthday! She had NO IDEA that we were coming. Sung's nephew, Daniel, walked in the door first, and she said she thought it was some boy selling candy. She said she was wondering why he just walked in and then saw who it was! She was thrilled to see us all! And, I enjoyed meeting more of Sung's family up there. His Halmoni and uncle and aunt came to our wedding, but I hadn't met any of the cousins. It was a wonderful trip, and there will definitely be more visits to come (if we can't talk them into come down here!!)!
Sung's uncle and Toby gave us a good taste of Montreal. It's a beautiful city and Canada is very beautiful as well!
Some art on a little drive around circle in the parking lot next to the park.
From L to R: Sung's sister (Yang), Sung, Me, Sung's brother (Doug), and Yang's son, Daniel. Yang's daughter, Sophia, was zonked in the stroller!
She didn't stay asleep too long. Toby, Yang, Daniel, and Sophia went on a little boat tour while Sung and Doug and I went exploring Old Montreal.
Group picture! (Yes, Yang is holding Sophia's sleeping head!)
On top of Mont Tremblanc, a popular ski resort a couple hours north of Montreal (as you can see...no skiers in the summer!)!

Having a snack of clementines and cheese "on top of the world"!

Birthday picture of Halmoni and the GREAT grandkids! Happy birthday!

I have SOO many more pictures, but I think this post is massive enough already! Don't forget to email me/facebook me if you want to follow my blog after this post! (And, don't get too jealous of the amazing adventures we've had!) ;)

3 comments:
How totally fun!! Kit and I always wanted to go on a cruise while we lived in Mobile, but life just kept getting in the way. Hooray for fun times! I bet Sung's grandma loved having you visit. What a fabbity-fab idea!
The cruise looks awesome and Montreal looks amazing! I must see more pictures!
Yes Kami! We need to have a trip review pow wow!
Post a Comment