Friday, September 30, 2011

Injections Again...

Alright! I'm ready! Bring it on!

So last night we started injections again. Let's just say it went A LOT smoother than last time.

This is a little off subject, but...When I was little I wanted to be either an astronaut/pilot or a nurse. My one problem with being a nurse was always my fear of needles, but as I've gone through this injection process, I've been thinking it's not as horrible as I thought it was. (AND, it would probably be a lot easier giving someone else shots, than myself!)

Okay, back on subject. So, we're still stocking up on meds for IVF, so I'm not putting much faith in any of these injections working this time either. Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for things to work before we got to the IVF step. But, I don't have false hope. One thing I've wanted to try (and I've heard can help sometimes) is acupuncture. I've heard of "success" stories and "no impact on the situation" stories with acupuncture. Again, I don't believe it is the absolute solution, but I've been curious to try it. So, I've made an appointment to go to an acupuncturist next week. I figured I might as well give it a try (especially with my newfound lack of fear of needles), and plus, a doctor's visit is a whole lot cheaper than IVF (if by some chance it works).

So, here's to another round of injections and I'll keep you posted on how the acupuncture appointment goes.

Oh! And here's some pictures!


My meds get shipped overnight to me and come in this big old box.

Here's what it looks like when I open it. Menopur=meds, the baggies have needs and syringes (a druggies dream!) They even give me a little sharps container for proper disposal.
One of my meds has to be refridgerated, so it comes in this insulated package under all the above meds.
So, the above medication goes in the fridge. (Yup, right next to the butter!)
Here's what it looks like when I get all my stuff out for shot time. Syringe, needle, alcohol wipes, gauze, and saline/medication vials (1 saline, 2 medication vials)
Post shot. Gets a little messy!


1 comment:

Alabama Apples said...

Oooh, bless your heart! I had a friend who went through all the injections. Ugggh! You are one brave girl! :)

Emily, I am so sorry about your father. My heart hurts for you. I don't have any words to adequately say what I feel, so I'm just sending you {{hugs}} and prayers your way.