Friday, December 2, 2011

Moving On...


It's been a rough last few weeks. My dad passed a ay early Saturday morning, November 12th. It was only about a month and a half after his diagnosis of ALS. I went over to my mom's on Wednesday. She wanted me to sit with dad on Thursday while she sewed my niece's blessing outfit. We watched the presidential debates that night together, and luckily I took a couple pictures of him and I (probably the last one's of him alive). Unfortunately, the next morning was the beginning of the end. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to spend those last couple days with him. There were many special moments I had with him in his last few weeks. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful father as an example. I know he has begun his new mission. And, I'm sure he's pulling whatever strings he can to help us in our journey to start a family.

Speaking of...we're beginning the early steps leading up to in vitro fertilization. First step, start birth control (Ironic no?). It's to "quiet down" the system. Reset it. Then on Monday, I have a saline infusion. They just insert some saline into my uterus, check for polyps or other abnormalities in the lining, and then do a "mock" transfer. After that, I wait to find out my "schedule" for injections, doctor appointments, and egg retrieval/transfer information. It's funny how trying to start a new life can help get you through the loss of another.

In memory of my dad...


No comments: