Monday, September 14, 2009

Recently Occupied

Those of you who really know me, know that I ALWAYS have a book with me. I can't stop reading...it's my sanity saver. Last summer, I had many preoccupations; including, the Twilight series, the Uglies series, and the Midnighters series. All are excellent, quick and easy reads. I went a little Twilight crazy with reading the first three books...waiting for the fourth book...and waiting again for the movie.
After major exhaustion from all that obsession, I read some old books I'd read before, but then I saw a review for a book that looked a little interesting. I'm usually very hesitant about reading new books, unless someone has already told me it's good. Well to admit how very obsessed I might be with twilight...Stephenie Meyer had reviewed this book on her website, so after a couple months of debating on trying it or not, I gave it a go. The book is called ...The Hunger Games. This is BY FAR one of the BEST books I have EVER read. I would even have to say that it hooks you in even more than Twilight, and is a major adrenaline rush!! So, after reading this book, and getting majorly hooked in, I find out that the sequels to it have not been released yet!! AHH!! I hate getting hooked in a series that I will have to wait for books with. Since I didn't know when I started it that there would be more...I guess I got stuck.
Luckily, I find out that the next book will come out in September. I wait a few weeks to get it because I'm in another series of books and I don't want to interrupt reading those. But, this last Saturday, I was at Sam's and who can pass up buying a book there when they actually have one you want to read. Needless to say, less than 2 days later (today), I have already finished book 2, Catching Fire. While I knew it would be a good book, it totally exceeded my expectations! What an excellent book!!! I might even say it was better than the first (if that's even possible!!)!
So, if you're looking for some good books to read...I HIGHLY recommend these. There's only one drawback...The last book doesn't come out until next fall...SORRY!!


6 comments:

Beth said...

OH NO! Now I'll have to read them!

Alabama Apples said...

I'll have to check them out, too. Books are my sanity saver so much! Much better than TV. :)

Alabama Apples said...

I just wanted to add I really like your music selection! :)

Emily Kim said...

thanks Liberty! I know sometimes I just go to my blog and turn up the music!! and Beth YES!! READ THEM! they aren't as romantic as twilight but they're oh so good!

Kim Mayfield said...

It sounds great... but I am so impatient that I might have to wait until next Fall to read them all together!

shari said...

Hi Emily. I didn't know you had a blog. So glad I found it. Kendall love The Hunger Games. I don't know that she had read Catching Fire yet. I hope Costco is carrying it.